Sunday, February 3, 2008

Hey Shithead!

...is what I said when someone almost rear-ended me as I was backing out of a parking spot at Gavin's school. Not the best thing for me to say with my 4 year old in the car. Oh yeah, did I mention Gavin attends a CATHOLIC NURSERY SCHOOL?? Really not a good thing to say. So about 30 seconds later I hear "HEY SHITHEAD" from the backseat. Oops....

"Gavin, that is not a nice thing to say. Mommy made a huge mistake, mommy will never say that again and neither should you."

"What, mommy? Shithead?? Why did you say 'Hey Shithead'? What did that person do?"

So I tried to explain that the person driving the other car was not watching and was being impatient. They almost hit our car and mommy got mad. But mommy should not have said a bad word.

"Shithead, mommy? That word, shithead, shithead, shithead??? Well, mommy, that man was not watching. He was being a real shithead!"

OK, Gavin, gotcha. Why why why when my children inadvertantly use a bad word do they ALWAYS use it in the right context???? So there we are, now driving down 95 South through Stamford and Greenwich to get home. I get cut off by a truck trying to switch lanes. I fume, but don't say anything. I will not, will not, will not swear. But from the backseat I hear my precious Gavin:

"HEY SHITHEAD!!!!!"

No comments: