Wednesday, July 2, 2008

The Birds and the Bees...AGAIN!!!!

Why, oh why, does Gavin always ask ME these questions???? And always on the way to his Catholic nursery school/camp, where he should not be discussing such topics??? He brought his stuffed bug "Buggy" in the car this morning and asked me when Buggy was going to have babies. I told him never, as Buggy is a stuffed animal and therefore does not reproduce...well I didn't use that particular word...So then he asks me how old he has to be to have babies. I told him much much older, and by the way, you will not be having the babies. That will be your wife's job, someday in the future.

"Why can't I have the babies? "

Once again, Gav, you don't have the right parts. God made the boys to have one set of parts and the girls to have another.

"So where does the baby come out once it is ready? Your heiney?"

Oh my God I am saying to myself, I AM NOT HAVING THIS CONVERSATION RIGHT NOW. NOT NOW, NOT ANYTIME SOON. Ummm...well Gav, the baby comes out of the "cookie" (which has been our family slang for the va-jay-jay ever since Francesca was a baby - why I don't know, don't ask!).

"Wow Mommy, how does that happen? Are the cookies that BIG?????"

I can't I can't I can't discuss this with my 4 1/2 year old. To divert his attention I suddenly announced it was donut time and hurredly pulled into Donut Delight in Stamford. I am so going prematurely gray right now....

No comments: