Monday, July 28, 2008

The little things in life

Today I was off. I was super busy, running all kinds of errands by myself. One plus was that I picked both kids up a little early from camp. They were both surprised and happy. When we got home Francesca decided to watch Hannah Montana (again) and sing along with her microphone. Gavin was redoing his train table tracks yet again. I was flipping through a cookbook I picked up from the library. All of a sudden Gavin's ears perked up like the cat's when she hears a bird.

"Mommy!!!!!!!!!! I hear the ice cream man!!!!!!!!!!! Quick!!!! Money!!!!! Mommy!!!!!!"

Gavin goes tearing down the stairs and flies past his sister who also heard the ringing of the ice cream truck. Even I was excited - it was Jim, the guy with the soft serve! Francesca got a small chocolate soft serve with rainbow sprinkles. Gavin got a muti-colored Popsicle. Gavin said that ice cream is one of his favorite things about summer.

On another note, my sister-in-law Joelle emailed me that she was very happy that I blogged today. I am glad that I could make you happy Joelle!!!

No comments: