Monday, July 28, 2008

I am a bad blogger

I have not blogged in over a week! Yikes! My sister-in-law Joelle reminded me a few nights ago that I have been "slipping" in my blogging duties. Joelle, I apologize that I have not given you any good stories about your niece and nephew lately.

A little about our weekend...

Friday night we met some friends (and ran into Joelle and family, who reminded me of my blogging responsibilites) at the Oakland Beach to watch the fireworks. The kids had fun running around, playing in the sand, snacking...until Francesca saw (and wanted) ice cream - at 9:30 at night - and all bets were off on good behavior. We said that awful, awful word to her - NO - and she started with one of her famous flip-outs. It's a good thing that the fireworks were over and we were leaving anyway. She pouted the whole way home. Oh well.

Gavin, on the other hand, was being all sweetness and light for some reason. He drew me a picture and then handed me a quarter - "It's for you mommy, for being the best mommy in the world" Oh my word, can he lay it on thick...No wonder he has so many girlfriends at camp. He is Don Juan de Big Guy (get it...like the Johnny Depp movie Don Juan de Marco)...anyway. My heart melted and he beamed. He probably figures that the next time he does something bad I will remember that and forgive him.

Saturday night we had our friend Roland ("Uncle Rol" to the kids) over for dinner. Having Roland over is like having a much taller, much older and way more hairier version of Gavin at the house. Gavin LOVES Roland. He could not wait for him to get there. The kids were playing on their Slip & Slide and when he got there, they took turns getting tossed down the slide by Roland. A good time was had by all!

Sunday we got some errands done and then cleaned the basement. Ugh. Yuck. It is not totally done but it was a good start. The kids now have a place for all of their arts & crafts stuff. Francesca decorated the cork board that Scott hung up with her and Gavin's artwork. Then we went to my parents' house for dinner. Gavin spent most of the evening there pouting in the garage, after knocking over his plate onto the floor. Scott brought him into the garage "to have a talk with him" and then when it was time to come in Gav refused. So there he stayed. He is one stubborn child. I hate to say this, but my son would be one good P.O.W. (God forbid) - when his is mad he refuses to look at you, stands looking at the wall with his head down and arms crossed, and when is spoken to, grunts in return. No enemy would get info. out of him. He eventually came back in when he heard dessert was being served.

So it's now Monday, everyone is at camp and I am off because I am working the long shifts the rest of the week at work. I have a long to-do list, but I think I can get most of it done. Time to fold laundry. Check back later this week for more LaDore adventures!

No comments: