Friday, October 3, 2008

Gavin's Morning Musings

Gavin usually gets up right around the time I am getting out of the shower and drying my hair and putting on my makeup. This morning I heard a little knock and then he entered the bathroom. He gave me a big hug and kiss because when I got home from teaching last night they were already asleep.

"Mommy, Daddy did not cook for us last night. He took us to Burger King for dinner. But look! I got a toy in the Kid's Meal. Let me show you. But first I have to go to the bathroom. Mommy, you know what? I am going to sit to peep. Let me tell you why. I want to read the directions to my toy and if I stand to go peep I can't hold the toy and directions because I have to hold my willie so I don't pee all over the walls. That makes Daddy mad. If I sit, I can peep and read the directions."

He sits...

"Actually Mommy since I am sitting I might as well go poop too. Since I am sitting you know..."

Oh my he makes me laugh. But you know what, he thought it through and gave me a good argument why he should sit instead of stand.

No comments: